Tuesday, 29 January 2013

MendelMax 1.5 (Part 6) - It's Alive!!!

I've got a bit of a confession to make...


Given I've been working on the reprap in my spare minutes and hours it's proved a bit difficult to blog and document as I go along, particularly as I've spent a lot of time figuring it out as I go. What I'll do is now go back and document how the process went. My learning and observations etc.

Anyway - I got the first print on the weekend, stoked with how well it all came together! Here's a picture of the first print!

Yes, that is actually the first ever attempted print, so as you can see it's working amazingly well for having had no calibration! To be fair I did spend a fair amount of time calibrating the device mechanically with rulers and levels etc.

Anyway - I was able to straight away print some brackets for mounting endstops on (the initial printing was done with no endstops! (I was extremely careful).

I'll start updating the backlog of progress soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment